May 8, 2007

First things first

I'm not much for writing. I never know quite how to start. I'd start at the beginning, but that was almost a year ago and I tend to get myself too concerned with the tiny details, so if I just started at the beginning this would go on way too long. I guess I'll just sum up the basic concept of who we are and what we are doing.

First of all, my name is Andrea. Dave is my business partner. We shared one common dream: freedom. Our goal was to create a situation where we could be free from the confines of a regular 9-5 office job. We wanted to be able to enjoy our young years traveling the country, snowboarding, sightseeing and adventuring without having to pinch pennies, save up vacation time, catch up on missed work or wait until retirement to enjoy our freedom. Our solution? Take work with us on our journey. We started our own company a little over a year ago - I'll get into the details of that later. Being young and unfunded (I'm 25 and Dave is 22) we didn't have a lot of money to work with. We put everything we had into building up the company and finally as of last week we had gathered enough money to make the first purchase that would make this dream of freedom a reality: an old Praxair truck.
Now this may not look like much to be excited about to you, but for us, this was the ticket to freedom. It had already been converted into a motorhome. It had shelving, a sink, fridge, etc. We scored the thing for $3095. Our ultimate plans for it involve super space-optimized work stations, bathroom, and sleeping areas, so we have a lot of work to do.

This blog is a place for us to document our progress and our adventures.

Business blogs
Top Blogs

blog search directoryEntrepreneurship Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

LS Blogs

No comments: